WHAT IS WHIPLASH?
- Neck stiffness and pain
- Restricted range of neck or head motion
- Pain in the shoulders, upper back, or arms, as well as tingling or numbness in the arms
- Symptoms of more severe whiplash may include:
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Sleep disturbances
- Problems with concentration and memory
- Rest. Doctors generally recommend a lot of rest for the first day after the injury, but then call for more activity.
- Applying ice or heat. Ice reduces inflammation while heat helps muscles relax. Doctors commonly recommend both treatments multiple times per day for short periods.
- Over-the-counter painkillers. For minor whiplash injuries, acetaminophen and ibuprofen generally are sufficient.
- Prescription pain medications and muscle relaxers. For more severe cases, stronger painkillers may be appropriate.
- Injected painkillers. Injections of lidocaine are often used to reduce pain to a level where physical therapy is possible, typically in more severe cases.
IF YOU SUFFERED A WHIPLASH INJURY IN THE BALTIMORE AREA, CONTACT THE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS OF THE LAW OFFICES OF G. RANDOLPH RICE JR., LLC
Law Offices of Randolph Rice
1301 York Rd #200
Lutherville, MD 21093
Phone: (410) 929-8241
Fax: (410) 288-2988
Toll Free: 800-470-7423
Blog URL: https://ricelawmd.com/blog/whiplash-injuries-can-cost-many-ways/